Top 10 Richest Yoruba Actresses 2022, And Their Estimated Net Worth
Top 10 Richest Yoruba Actresses 2022, And Their Estimated Net Worth
The Yoruba subset of Nollywood has seen many beautiful and talented performers who have worked hard to establish a name for themselves as well as money in their bank accounts. True, many of them have side jobs, but their primary source of income is from the films in which they act, produce, or direct. The following is a list of ten Nollywood actresses and their estimated net worth.
1. Funke Akindele-Bello
Funke Ayotunde Akindele-Bello, a popular Nollywood actress, is unquestionably Nigeria’s richest Yoruba actress. She is best known as Funke Akindele or Jenifa, after the character she portrays in the popular TV series Jenifa’s Diary. Funke is a Nigerian actress and producer who was born in Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria on August 24, 1977.
Funke Akindele earned an ordinary national diploma (OND) in mass communication from the former Ogun State Polytechnic, now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
Funke, who has been in the industry since the 1990s, first appeared on the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)-sponsored sitcom I Need to Know, which aired from 1998 to 2002.
Funke Akindele’s big break came in 2008, when she starred in the film Jenifa’s Diary. She is the lead character in the hit TV show Jenifa’s Diary, which is a spin-off of the film Jenifa’s Diary.
Funke Akindele launched a new web series, Aiyetoro Town, in July 2019, as a spinoff from her popular TV series, ‘Jenifa’s Diary.
The mother-of-two has won numerous awards, including the Africa movie academy award (AMAA) for Best actress in a leading role in 2009 and Best actress in a comedy at the 2016 Africa magic viewer’s choice awards (AMVCA). Best actress in a comedy at the 2020 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, and so on.
Funke is the CEO of Scene One Film Production, which creates entertainment content for TV stations such as TV series, Nollywood movies, TV shows, and music, as well as a mobile phone application. Jenifa Spells, an educational app with family word games, is another app she has. Her husband, Abdulrasheed Bello aka JJC Skillz, designed the app.
She also owns the Jenifa Foundation, a non-governmental organization that aims to provide young people with vocational skills, as well as the Scene One School of Drama, an acting school.
Funke has appeared in numerous films, both in English and Yoruba, and is one of Nigeria’s highest-paid actors. According to reports, she charges around N400,000 per film role, similar to her contemporaries Odunlade Adekola and Femi Adebayo.
Her net worth is estimated to be approximately $7.6 million (N3.1 billion). Aside from acting, Funke earns a good living through scriptwriting, film production, directing, and costume and production design. She has written films such as Egun (2007) and Agbefor (2006); produced Omo Ghetto: The Saga (2020), which grossed over N468 million in Nigerian cinemas; directed Your Excellency (2019), Aje metta 1&2 (2008); and worked as a costume and production designer in Omo Ghetto: The Saga (2020).
Aside from the aforementioned, which obviously earns her a lot of money, Funke has a number of endorsement deals, including being a brand ambassador for:
- Kellogs Nigeria
- Keystone Bank
- Waw Nigeria
- Lagos State Inland Revenue Service
- 1960 Bet
- Western Lotto
Funke Akindele owns a home in a prestigious neighborhood, Amen Estate, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria. It is described as a 7-bedroom detached mansion with the finest porcelain and granite floor tiles, elegant POP ceilings, a fully fitted kitchen with granite worktops, fitted wardrobes, a Jacuzzi steam bath with shower in the elegant master bedroom bath, and various other luxury features.
Funke is also a sucker for good automobiles. Her vehicles are as follows:
- Bentley Continental GT
- Toyota Prado SUV
- Lamborghini Aventador
- Rolls Royce Vintage
- Lexus LX 570 SUV
2. Sola Sobowale
Sola Sobowale is a veteran Nigerian film actress, screenwriter, director, and producer. Sola Sobowale was born on December 26, 1963 (age 58) in Ondo state, Nigeria. She received her primary and secondary education in Ondo state as well. She graduated with honors from the University of Ibadan with a bachelor’s degree in theatre arts (UI). She has a family of five children.
She is one of the few contemporary actresses in the industry who can act in both the English and Yoruba subsets of Nollywood.
Sola, aka Toyin Tomato, began acting in 1992, with several roles in films produced by the Awada Kerikeri group, led by Adebayo Salami. Before becoming a star, Sola Sobowale appeared in The Village Headmaster, Mirror in the Sun, and the Yoruba film Asewo To Re Mecca.
Her big break, however, came in 2001, with the premiere of Nigeria’s popular television drama series Super Story: Oh Father, Oh Daughter. Sola took a break from the industry for a few years while living abroad with her husband, but she returned a few years later and hasn’t looked back since.
She has appeared in numerous blockbuster films, including Gold Statue (2019), King of Boys (2018), Wives on Strike (2017), Wedding Party 1&2 (2016/17), Lockdown (2021), King of Boys 2 (2021), and others. According to sources, she earns between $500,000 and $1,000,000 per film role.
Sobowale has also won numerous awards. She, like many other young actors, rarely flaunts her wealth on social media, so her cars and properties are unknown.
The veteran actress is one of the most powerful, with an estimated net worth of $500,000 – $1 million (N208 million – N416.8 million) and a string of exceptional eye-catching films that have grossed millions of dollars.Given how influential she has been in recent years, Sola Sobowale is one of the few Nigerian actresses who has left her mark in the Nollywood industry. Aside from her earnings in the film industry, she is a brand ambassador for:
- Mouka Foams
- BSTAN Homes
- MiddleChase Properties
- Unity Bank
3. Toyin Abraham
Olutoyin Aimakhu, now Toyin Abraham, was born on September 5, 1984, into the Aimakhus’ family in Edo State, Nigeria. She received her elementary education in Edo before her family relocated to Ibadan. She continued her education after moving to Ibadan.
Toyin earned her National Diploma in Business Studies (ND) at Osun State’s Iree Polytechnic before going on to earn her Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy at Olabisi Onabanjo University. She returned to Iree Polytechnic for her Higher National Diploma (HND) in Marketing shortly after receiving her bachelor’s degree.
Toyin began her acting career in 2003, with her first film, Dugbe Dugbe Nbo, directed by Bukky Wright. Her Nollywood career began officially in 2004 when she began receiving invitations to appear in new films, but she didn’t have her real breakthrough until her self-produced film Alakada Reloaded was released on Netflix; that was her entry and there has been no looking back since.
She married Kolawole Ajeyemi, an actor, in 2019 and the couple has a son.
Toyin Abraham is now one of the most in-demand actresses in both English and Yoruba Nollywood. She is also a producer, filmmaker, director, entrepreneur, and television personality.
Toyin is well-known for her comedic roles, which have always distinguished her. She has appeared in over 100 English and Yoruba films, which earns her money; she once stated that she makes millions from a single gig.
Many honors are expected of someone with her pedigree. Toyin has been nominated for and won numerous awards, including:
- Best Actress Alakada by Ben TV Awards – 2014
- Best Indigenous Actress by the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- The Best Supporting Actress Feature Film Hakkunde by Five Continents International Film Festival – 2017
- Best Actress in Nollywood by Moreklue All Youths Award (MAYA) – 2017
- The Best Female Act by the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) – 2017
- Best Actress Alakada Reloaded Exquisite Lady of the Year (ELOY) – 2017
- Best Supporting Actress Tatu by Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) – 2018
- Best Actress in a Drama Elevator Baby by Africa magic viewers’ choice awards – 2020
Toyin Abraham’s net worth is estimated to be between $500,000 and $1 million (N208.8 million to $416.8 million).
Toyin Abraham, in addition to being an actress, has dabbled in a few other ventures as an entrepreneur.
- Toyin launched a herbal medicine company called Toyin Herbal in October 2019, which was well-received by women at the time. One of their flagship products, a ‘Female fertility booster,’ promises to improve women’s sexual wellbeing, improve menstrual cycle, reduce cramps, and support and stabilize pregnancy and costs around N65,000 per pack. However, in January 2020, she announced on Instagram that she would be closing the business due to “structural disagreements with her partners.”
- She is the founder and CEO of Curvs Slimming Tea (CurvslimmingteabyToyin). Her merchandise is sold in Europe, the United Kingdom, Dubai, and the United States.
- She is the owner of bodytalkbyToyin, a division of Toyin Abraham Company.
- Toyin is the owner of TAJ dresses in Lekki, Lagos. (In 2003, her ex-name, husband’s Adeniyi Johnson, was shortened to TAJ – Toyin Aimakhu Johnson.)
- Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi Films is her YouTube channel where she distributes some of her films. On the other hand, one of her films, Fate of Alakada, which reportedly grossed over N100 million in theaters, was acquired by Netflix and will now be distributed exclusively on the platform.
She is a Brand Ambassador for the following companies:
- Checkers Custard
- Revolution Plus
- FairMoney Microfinance Bank
- Vas2Nets Technologies Limited
- Globacom Nigeria
The following are some examples of luxurious automobiles::
- Mercedes Benz G-Wagon Barbus
- Lexus GX 460 (N32 million )
- 4matic Benz (N26 million)
4. Mercy Aigbe
When it comes to top fashionistas in the Yoruba film industry, Mercy Aigbe easily tops the list. The lovely actress from Edo State was born on January 1, 1978. She attended primary and secondary school in Lagos and holds an Ordinary National Diploma.
He holds a Diploma in Financial Studies from the Polytechnic Ibadan, as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos. She began her acting career in 2006 and has appeared in over a hundred films, including Afefe Ife, lle Oko mi, Iro funfun, Oju Ife, and many others.
Mercy Aigbe has received a lot of attention over the years for her roles in Yoruba films and how well she interprets them. She is a truly gifted actress. She has received numerous awards, including City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the Year (2015) and Most Popular Actress Nominee at the NET Honours (2018).
Mercy’s net worth is estimated to be $1.1 million (459.8 million). Mercy Aigbe, like many others on the list, has demonstrated the importance of diversifying one’s income sources. Despite the fact that she became famous through acting and that the majority of her net worth stems from it, the actress has invested her career earnings into the fashion industry and the establishment of an acting school from which she earns a living. She possesses:
- Mercy Aigbe Gentry Drama School (MAG School of Drama) The MAG School of Drama was founded in 2016 and, like most similar schools, it provides training to aspiring acting students in a variety of filmmaking fields.
- Mercy Aigbe launched Mag Divas Boutique in November 2014. She has worked hard to build the brand into one of the top fashion stores in Lagos State, with customers from all over the country and beyond. She has established branches in other cities such as Ibadan. Her tenacity in business earned her the 2015 Links and Glitz World Awards Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year award.
- Asoebi Mercy is an offshoot of her boutique business where she sells high-end asoebi materials to high-class customers.
- She also owns a skincare and cosmetics company, which she actively promotes on her social media pages.
Mercy, as a celebrity, has signed some good endorsement deals with some companies and uses her social media pages to promote their products and services, including the following:
- In 2014, she signed an endorsement deal with Elephant Gold Rice
- Leisure Court
- Prestige Cosmetics (for one year)
- Edalaf Brother Limited
- Shape You
- BK Hair
- Naija Taxi Services
- Mummy Glee beauty store
- HNK Interior
Her mansion was purchased in 2018 and is said to be worth N200 million. She owns several high-end vehicles, including:
- HSE (High Specification Equipment) Range Rover (N30 million)
- Acura MDX SUV
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 (N16 million)
5. Eniola Badmus
Eniola Badmus was born in Lagos State on September 7, 1977, though she is originally from Ijebu Ode. She moved to Ijebu Ode in Ogun State to complete her elementary and secondary school education before enrolling at the University of Ibadan to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in theatre arts.
Eniola then relocated to Lagos to pursue a Master of Science in Economics at Lagos State University (LASU).
She began her acting career after moving to Lagos state in the year 2000 and joining the Nigerian film industry Nollywood. She has been acting for a while but didn’t break out until she appeared in Funke Akindele-blockbuster Bello’s film Omo Ghetto (2008), after which she starred in Jenifa, another Funke Akindele-Bello multi-millionaire project and award-winning film series.
Eniola Badmus, also known as Gbogbo Big Girl, rose to fame and has appeared in a number of Nollywood films, both Yoruba and English.
Her acting career has taken her far; she has won numerous awards and received numerous nominations, including the following:
- In 2010, Eniola Badmus was nominated for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role.”
- She was nominated for “Best Actress in a Leading Role (Yoruba)” in 2011.
- In 2011, she received the award for “Best Crossover in a Film.” (Best of Nollywood Awards)
- She was nominated for “Best Supporting Actress in a Yoruba Film” in 2012.
- She was named “Best Actress of the Year (Yoruba)” in 2014. (2014 City People Entertainment Awards)
- She was nominated for “Best Comedic Act” in 2014.
- In 2015, she was named “Africa’s Best Actress.” (Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards)
- She was named “Best Actress in Africa” in 2015. (Black Entertainment Film Fashion Television and Arts)
In 2011, she was named a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR) by the Nigerian Federal Government, which is the highest award and honor given to a celebrity in Nigeria who has made significant contributions to the country’s economic growth and development through entertainment.
Eniola Badmus’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $1.5 million (N416.8 million and N627.1 million). Her earnings are attributed to years of acting, having appeared in over 200 Nollywood films, as well as income from endorsement deals.
Eniola Badmus is a scriptwriter, entertainer, and social media influencer in addition to her acting career. With her new ‘trim’ figure, she recently celebrated her 20th year on stage.
She has had endorsement deals with companies such as:
- In March 2016, Eniola was unveiled as telecommunications company, Etisalat’s brand ambassador
- Western Lotto
- Indomie Noodles
- Rite Foods
- Peak Milk
- Deshapeables weight loss
- African Cable Television (ACTV)
- Lagos Waste Management Authority, LAWMA
Eniola Badmus has been running a ‘Feed the Needy’ initiative since 2019, with the goal of putting smiles on the faces of the less fortunate by providing their needs every New Year’s Day.
She owns multi-million naira assets ranging from luxury vehicles to sprawling mansions.
Some of her automobile collections are as follows:
- 2 Honda Pilot (N13.7 million each)
- Toyota Land Cruiser (N30.8 million)
- Rolls Royce phantom (N134 million)
6. Iyabo Ojo
Iyabo Ojo was born on December 21, 1977 in Abeokuta, Ogun State. She received her primary and secondary education in Lagos before going on to study estate management at Lagos State Polytechnic. After joining the Actors Guild of Nigeria in 1998, she launched her acting career (AGN).
Iyabo made her acting debut in a Yoruba film titled Darijinwon in 2002, and she has since appeared in over a hundred films including Satanic, Okanla, Silence, Tori Ife, /padabo, and others. Iyabo Ojo has also produced films such as Bolutife, Bofeboko, Ololufe, and Esan. Silence, her 2015 film, had a successful premiere at Silverbird Cinemas in Lagos. The film’s production is said to have cost her millions of naira.
Iyabo Ojo’s net worth is estimated to be $300,000 – $500,000 (N126 million – N209 million). Aside from acting and film production, Iyabo Ojo earns money from real estate investments, brand endorsements, and her personal luxury business brand.
Some of her endorsement deals include: lyabo Ojo has used her beauty and popularity to attract the attention of many fashion and skincare companies, including:
- Mav Herbals
- Rixari Skincare and Spa
- Jtechtrade, an organization that offers cryptocurrency and financial services
- Pragmatic Homes
lyabo Ojo also owns the following businesses, which are divisions of Fespris Limited:
- Fespris Spa
- Fespris World (sells beauty products like butt and hip enlargement creams)
- Fespris Limited; a lounge and beauty salon
- Fespris Abula Spot; a restaurant with a specialty in local delicacies
- Fespris Decor
Though there are no figures to show how much these businesses have contributed to her net worth, making her one of the richest Yoruba actresses in Nigeria, it is widely assumed that the actress relies heavily on her businesses, which is why she is always promoting the brand. According to reports, the actress also invests and earns money in the Nigerian real estate industry. She is known to have purchased a luxurious mansion in Lagos’s Lekki neighborhood.
Aside from her luxurious home, she has the following automobiles in her collection:
- Range Rover HSE (82 million)
- Range Rover Evoque (N78 million)
- Mercedes C Class sedan (₦19 million)
- Lexus RX 350 (N11 million)
- Toyota Venza (N9.8 million)
7. Fathia Williams
Fathia Balogun is now available. Fathia Williams, who was born on February 5, 1969, is a multi-award-winning Yoruba actress who is influential and one of the wealthiest Yoruba actresses in the industry. The multi-talented filmmaker received a diploma from Kwara State Polytechnic before enrolling at the University of Lagos, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Economics.
Fathia began acting professionally in the early 1990s, and despite the fact that it was not her original career plan, she has become well known for her acting prowess. With over a hundred films under her belt, she has established herself as a formidable force in the Yoruba film industry.
Some of the prestigious awards she has received include the 2008 Most Outstanding Actress and Best Indigenous Film of the Year awards for the film Iranse Aje, as well as the 2015 Best Indigenous Language Yoruba Awards for the film Iya Alalake at the African Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Fathia has done well for herself over the course of her professional acting career, amassing an estimated $400,000 – $500,000 (N167 million – N209 million) net worth, earning her recognition as one of the richest Yoruba actresses. However, as WithinNigeria has discovered, acting (while the main source of income for many on this list) is only one of her numerous income streams. Williams, Fathia:
- Is the founder and CEO of House of Faiteer, a health and beauty company that sells body care products, headgear, and manicure and pedicure services.
- She owns and operates the Powerhouse Performing Arts School, which provides students with training in film production, directing and set design, location management, and film music, make-up and costume, scriptwriting, cinematography, set property management, acting, and presentation.
Fathia, like many wealthy and popular Yoruba actresses, uses her celebrity to promote a variety of other businesses and brands.
Among the companies she has signed with are
- Adron Homes and Properties Limited
- Osedudu Special Skincare
- The Suru Group. Fathia signed an endorsement deal worth approximately N10 million with Suru Group, a limited liability company with investments in real estate, hospitality, and manufacturing.
8. Dayo Amusa
Dayo Amusa is a stunning and well-heeled actress from Lagos State. She was born on July 20, 1983, and received her primary and secondary education in Ogun State. Moshood Abiola Polytechnic was where she studied Food Science and Technology.
Amusa began acting professionally in 2002 and has appeared in several Yoruba films, including Igbese, Aye mi, and I Go Blow My Mind, among others. Dayo is one of the few actresses who has appeared in both Yoruba and English films, and as a result, she has amassed a fortune that has earned her the title of one of the richest Yoruba actresses on this list, with a net worth of approximately $500,000 (N209 million).
She has won several awards, including the 2014 Nollywood Movies Award for Best Indigenous Actress for her film Unforgivable. She also won the Nollywood Female Face of the Year award at the 2017 Pink Awards. Dayo is one of the wealthiest Yoruba actresses on this list, and she is also one of those who does not limit her spending because she believes she works hard for what she has. A fan once chastised her on this, and she took the opportunity to reveal her other sources of income aside from acting. They include brand sponsorship and influencer marketing, as well as business and film production.
Dayo Amusa has demonstrated her entrepreneurial skills. She possesses:
- DalasPro; a beauty and cosmetic business
- Amzadol Productions is a film production company that has released films such as Unforgivable (Ainidariji) in 2013 and Omoniyun in 2019.
Amusa is a talented singer who has released several songs including Mororire, Alejo, Omo Daddy, Blow My Mind, Women Arise, Marry Me, Ife Foju, and Mama’s Love. She primarily distributes her songs on platforms where she has monetized her presence and earns a decent amount of money when people download her songs.
She has endorsement deals with well-known companies such as:
- Techno Mobile in a deal worth millions of naira.
- BisMid Luxury Cosmetics Inc.
9. Mide Martins
Mide Funmi Martins, a popular and wealthy Yoruba actress, was born on April 12, 1979, in Ibadan, Oyo State. She completed her primary education before moving to Lagos to complete her secondary education. She graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a diploma in International Relations.
Mide began acting professionally shortly after the death of her mother, Funmi Martins; she entered the industry to honor her mother’s memory. From 2003 to the present, she has appeared in numerous Yoruba films for which she has been well compensated, earning her a place among the richest Yoruba actresses. She is best known for her ability to play roles that depict jealousy and strife convincingly.
Mide has appeared in films such as Akoba Obirin, Arewa, Ipinle Mi, and many others. Mide’s work as a film producer has included the production of Yoruba films such as Omo oku run and Erù elérù. She is said to have made a lot of money from her production endeavors.
Omo Oku Orun, her first film, catapulted her to prominence in the industry, and she went on to win several awards, including the Academy Award for Best Actress.
- Yoruba Movie Gist Award for Best Supporting Actress 2020
- City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (Yoruba)
- City People Best Supporting Actress of the Year (Yoruba).
Mide has a variety of income sources that contribute to her $400,000 net worth. While acting is her claim to fame and fortune, Mide has diversified her income sources to include non-acting sources such as modeling, brand endorsements, and sponsorships.
Some of her brand endorsement deals are as follows:
- Katawa Real Estate. The transaction to which she agreed was said to be worth millions of naira at the time.
- Osedudu World is a cosmetics and skincare company.
- Fatil Luxury is a company that sells weight loss supplements.
- Philly Boutique.
According to what we can tell, the actress not only endorses but also owns some of these businesses.
Mide Funmi Martins also makes money from modeling and her clothing line, Myde Luxury Attires.
10. Eniola Ajao
Eniola Ajao was born on the 21st of January. In Epe, she attended primary and secondary school. She then attended Yaba College of Technology before transferring to the University of Lagos, where she earned a bachelor’s degree.
Since her debut in 2004, the stunning actress has been a firm believer in creativity, which has been her driving force in the industry. Eniola has a successful career and has appeared in over 100 Yoruba films.
Her Nollywood debut was in Odunlade Adekola’s film Igba Aimo, which established her in the industry. She has since appeared in a number of films, including
- Erin Orin
- The Vendor and many others.
At the 2015 Best of Nollywood Awards, Eniola Ajao was nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Yoruba-Language Film.
In 2018, she starred in the blockbuster film The Vendor as Yele Ara.
Ajao’s net worth is estimated to be $350,000. (N146 million)
She has ambassadorial agreements with the following countries:
- PaddyPaddy Bet
- Hush’D Makeover
See this Posts also
- Richest Musicians In Nigeria 2022, and Their Net Worth